I voluntarily and without reservation on behalf of myself, my heirs and my estate,
release and discharge absolutely and forever, ISL, or any of its agents or program
partners, including all associations with colleges, universities, and religious
organizations, and waive all claims, demands, of whatever nature for any injury, loss,
damage, accident, delay, actions or cause of action, known or unknown, which I now have
or may acquire in the future, irregularity or expense arising out of or directly or
indirectly relating to my participation in an ISL program, and arising from the use of
any vehicle or services, strikes, war, acts or terrorism, weather, sickness,
quarantine, government, steamship, airline, railroad, buses, transporting company,
firm, individual, or agency. I understand the terms of this Release and the
consequences of it and acknowledge that I have not executed it under duress. I agree
this is an irrefutable release.
I grant ISL, or one of its agents, full authority to take whatever action they feel is
warranted regarding my health and safety and that they may arrange medical treatment
for me at my expense and that if deemed necessary by the ISL personnel and/or local
medical authorities, I will be sent back to the country of departure at my own expense for
further medical treatment. I also understand all fees paid to ISL are non-refundable
under all circumstances and I will secure the proper travel cancellation insurance If I
I understand this is a supervised program and agree to uphold individual and
group standards set forth by ISL personnel. These standards include:
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Drug Policy:
- No girls in boys sleeping area and visa versa, at anytime.
- Curfew will be in effect, for safety reasons.
- No trip extensions or on-site visits by friends/family not previously
planned/authorized by ISL.
- Vegetarians or others with special diet needs need to notify ISL in writing and
bring their necessary dietary supplements.
- I understand any excess baggage exceeding stated personal limits will be donated
to local charities/ministries.
- I understand that it is my responsibility to secure all travel related
- If I am deemed incompatible with the interest of the group and if my enrollment
is terminated, no refunds can be expected and returning to the country of departure is at my
own expense. A verbal warning will be provided prior to expulsion from the program. A
written report will be provided later. At the discretion of ISL, students'
performance may be evaluated at the conclusion of the program and such evaluation
will be the basis for ISL response to any requests for recommendation by students'
school, future (graduate) school/employer.
- I agree to split costs with ISL in seeking a licensed mediator in the event there
is an irresolvable conflict of any kind with ISL
- Illegal drugs are absolutely PROHIBITED at all times.
- Use of alcoholic beverages in service areas, housing, and transportation to and
from service areas is PROHIBITED.
- No alcoholic consumption or smoking at any time without permission of ISL
- Alcohol abuse causing difficulty in the service and quality of the team is
grounds for dismissal.
I understand this is not a tourist-type program, but is an international
humanitarian team effort serving the poor in sometimes remote and difficult
circumstances which on occasion may include basic-needs-only housing, no hot water and
travel over long distances, both land and water, in safe but basic transportation. I
understand that continual complaint is a basis for dismissal from the program.
I grant ISL permission to reproduce photos, movies, or sound recordings of me taken
during the period of time that I am participating in this program, including written
statements I may make concerning this program. I also agree to not return to any
service site or housing facility visited on this trip without the specific written
permission of International Service Learning.